Saturday, July 16, 2011

painted couture


When you look at 
natural wood
does your imagination
automatically start to envision
it would look like
painted?


Maybe in your mind's eye
 you see an aged
application technique...






Or a crackled, weathered finish.




I have an appreciation for
quality antique wood
so I would most likely
{not certainly}
not alter it's finish with paint, but...


To add interest,
character,
uniqueness,
and charm
with the wave of a brush?




Absolutely delightful!






I have several 'transformation projects' ideas
bouncing around in my head.





 I noticed that my paint supply cupboard
was getting sparse so while running errands,
I picked up a few things. 





I found some oil paint,
and some cotton white inteior gloss,
a little can of walnut Minwax,
and for a splash of color for fall
...or Christmas,
...or summer,
I  grabbed
 a nice shiney red oil paint.
{a child's chair for every season?}




 
As the cashier was adding up my bill
she asked the common question

 "what are you going to paint?"

All of a sudden my mind went off and running
and I  began to picture it:

all of the oak trim in our whole house,

the wet bar that would look nice aged,

the children's bathroom cabinets,

the hammock room under the deck,

and  STOP!
{hear brakes and crash sound!}



So rather than really answering
 her question
I just said
"Oh, just a few projects"
with a kind smile.

 I wished her a nice afternoon
and went on my way
with my little bag of supplies
that provide many opportunities for
creativity bliss.




xo deborah


{images ETSY.com and the web}
Are you a painter, too?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...